Saturday, November 20, 2010

And Now What?

The crappy part of not being able to drive is that on a rainy day, you can't just jump in the car, drive to Target, and spend a little bit of cash on something you don't really need but will amuse you and the kids for awhile.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it'll make me more spiritual, quality time with the kids, blah blah blah. All I really want is a pair of knock-off UGGs and to buy the kids a hot dog.

Instead, I'm in my p.j.s close to noon, we have a fire going, and Sponge Bob is on t.v. I gave A. an old iPod of mine, so we're filling it up with music. Kid's taste is unpredictable. He'll take Meatloaf, but no Tom Petty. He likes some re-mixes from the Shrek soundtrack. A new group I found called Free Energy works, but no Neil Young. I had to buy the Green Day song from the Transformers soundtrack, my Green Day albums were too old, I guess.

The dogs are circling our small house like sharks, looking for food to steal, confused about the weather.

Luckily, I have chocolate chips. Fresh batches of cookies solve everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment