Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chasing the Bus

My friend Judi picks me and the kids up on the mornings they are with me. She drives me to the bus stop and then takes the boys to her house, where they have second breakfast with her son. Then they all walk to school together. W once told her, "Judi, you're the center of the earth." And indeed she is.

Often we're late. Sometimes she's late. This puts us in a situation that has come to be known as Chasing the Bus. As in,"Hurry up, Judi's going to be here soon, and we don't want to Chase the Bus."

Judi's learned a tricky maneuver of cutting right in front of the bus if it's about to drive away without me. The bus driver once asked me if she was a cop because she cut him off so elegantly.

If we round the corner and see that the bus has taken off, the kids yell, "Oh no, we're chasing the bus!" Judi bravely chases it to one of the four remaining stops before it gets on the freeway. We always make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment